November 19, 2005

11.25.05-- Almost Home

Problem 5: At the airport, I had 2 missions-- don't fall asleep and get my tax free stamp so that I can get money back on my purchases. Solving part one was hard enough, even with the terrible airport cappuccino I inhaled. The latter assignment was literally impossible. Apparently, in order to receive moneyback when one has Tax-Free Forms, one must get a stamp from customs. Yeah, lovely, the stamping people were on strike!! Awesome... I went to the TravelEx booth and explained the situation to a nice woman named Michaela (who had recently read the word "pledge" and didn't know what it meant so I had to explain. Kinda difficult when you're sleep-deprived and don't know if she means give a donation or to pledge allegiance. I explained both...) Anyway, she told me I could get the stamp in Boston. I hope that's true!! [It was.] The flight to Zurich was fine. I met more interesting people on the flight back to Boston, too. And, I have to say, I will take Swiss Air again. The food is excellent, the service is good, and the seats are comfy. Hot towel anyone?

No comments: